Thursday, September 20, 2007

DNA Tests: Body found in bag is Nurin

PETALING JAYA, Sept 20 (Bernama) -- Police confirmed the DNA test on the body of a girl found stuffed in a sports bag at a shophouse in Petaling Jaya Utama on Monday is that of Nurin Jazlin Jazimin who was missing since a month ago.

Petaling Jaya OCPD ACP Arjunaidi Mohamed said blood tests on the body and Nurin's parents confirmed their blood ties.



He said Nurin's parents were informed of the DNA finding this affernoon.

Nurin Jazlin, 8, a Standard Two pupil of Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Desa Setapak, was reported missing on Aug 20 after going alone to a night market near her house at Section 1 in Wangsa Maju.

The body of a naked girl, believed to have been sexually abused, was found by a shophouse owner at Jalan PJS 1 on Monday morning.

In KUALA LUMPUR, Nurin's father, Jazimin Abdul Jalil, 33, refused to accept the DNA result that the girl's body was his daughter's.

"I am Nurin's father...I know my daughter better than anyone else. My heart is saying the body is not my daughter.

"If police ask me to take the body, I will accept, I will perform the funeral rites and bury it. But I want the police to pursue the search for Nurin because I know Nurin is still safe out there," the taxi driver told reporters outside the Kuala Lumpur Hospital mortuary.

Jazimin said he was sure the body was not his daughter's based on her teeth and the scar.

He said Nurin had no gaps in her teeth and had a scar on her thigh.

Jazimin said he was informed of the DNA test result at 12.30pm by the Petaling Jaya police who summoned him to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital mortuary to identify the body.

Jazimin and his wife, Norazian Bistaman, 35, who were called to the hospital for identification on Monday did not accept that the body was their daughter based on the physical condition of the girl's body.

A distraught Norazian told reporters she would accept the authorities' decision.

"What else can I say. The DNA test shows she is my daughter. I will accept the will of God.

"As a mother, I still hope the body is not my daughter's. No mother will accept the reality that her daughter was raped and killed brutally.

"Only God knows the extent of my sadness and grief," she said in tears.

Norazian said this year's Hari Raya Aidil Fitri celebrations would be the most joyous and meaningful in her life in the event Nurin was found safe and sound.

"In fact, we've already bought Nurin's Hari Raya dress and I will patiently wait for her return," she added.

ALFATIHAH

(articles taken from BERNAMA Online Thursday, 20 September 2007)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...