Thursday, February 17, 2011

Be Yourself

All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naïve. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

Don't be too nice to people because you will end up disappoint and upset.

BE YOURSELF!!

2 comments:

Gee said...

great advice!

Aziela said...

Fully agree... Other people may not have the perfect answer because they are not us....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...